District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC)
In Abbotsford, we believe that parents are partners in education. Each school has a Parent Advisory Council (PAC) and parents are encouraged to participate in school activities. Contact the school administrator to find out about the PAC at your child’s school.
Abbotsford District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) is an organization that welcomes and encourages representation from all PACs in the Abbotsford School District. DPACs purpose is to "support, encourage and improve the quality of education and well-being of children in our schools" while providing parents with information and advising educational partners of parent concerns.
DPAC provides advocacy to parents and encourages you to contact your Parent Information Resource Coordinators should you have concerns.DPAC also encourages and provides parent representation on District committees such as: School Planning Council Steering Committee, Traffic and Safety Committee, Special Education Advisory Committee and many more. Contact a DPAC representative to get a complete list of committees.
- Abbotsford DPAC Constitution (Approved - October 2018)
- Check out the DPAC Facebook page, for the latest news and announcements
DPAC Executive Committee
For June 2023-May 2024
- DPAC Chair: Shannon Rose (Prince Charles)
- Vice Chair: Michelle Bastien (WA Fraser Middle)
- Treasurer: Tracey Lamoureux (Clayburn Middle)
- Secretary: Winsome Rauch (Abby Senior)
- Director: Kara Dickson (Irene Kelleher Totí:ltawtxw)
- Director: Amy MacKenzie (Dr. T.A. Swift Elementary)
- Inclusion Committee: Clara Chahwan (McMillan Elementary)
- Special Education Representative: Heidi Vinois (ASIA Sumas)
- Date: DPAC meets the fourth Thursday of the month (except for December, March and June):
- September 28, October 26, November 23, January 25, February 22, April 25, May 23 (AGM)
- Location: In person at School Board Office (2790 Tims Street)
- Time: 7:00 pm
The meetings consist of a guest speaker, committee reports and discussions of issues relating to parents. We gather and share information. All parents are welcome!
Minutes of previous DPAC meetings will be provided below as they become available.
DPAC Minutes - January 2020
DPAC Minutes - February 2020
DPAC Minutes - April 2020
DPAC Minutes - May 2020 (AGM)
DPAC Minutes - September 2020
DPAC Minutes - October 2020
DPAC Minutes - November 2020