You are here

Gr 1-5 Registration

What you need to know

Registration for grades 1-5 commences Monday, February 7, 2022.

Registration Process

1. Use our School Locator to determine where your neighbourhood school is located.
2. Download and complete Fillabe PDF forms (AP 336 + forms) and uppersumas [at] (email) to our school along with all required documentation. You can also print and complete the forms and book an appointment with our school to submit your paperwork and have your documents verified.
3. Contact our school directly to complete the registration process at 604.852.3900. 

Documents Required for Registering

Proof of age of the child by birth certificate is required for all new student registrations (schools will make a photo copy). To ensure the child being registered qualifies for Ministry of Education funding, the biological parents/legal guardians’ status and the biological parents/legal guardians’ residency need to be established. Schools may register the child providing the following are established:

1. At least one biological parent/legal guardian is a Canadian Citizen by birth or naturalized (obtained citizenship) and they can support this with the following pieces of identification:

  • Parent’s Canadian Citizenship Card; 
  • Parent’s Canadian Birth Certificate; and 
  • Parent’s Canadian Passport.

2. The biological parent/legal guardian must provide proof of residency, and provide at least ONE of the following:

  • Utility bill
  • Mortgage document
  • Property Sale Agreement
  • Property Tax Notice/Assessment
  • Rental or Lease Agreement

3. In addition, at least ONE of the following documents containing the name and address of the parent/guardian is required:

  • Child Tax Statement
  • Government Notice of Assessment
  • Current Year T4
  • Government document (eg. MSP bill)

4. Notification if the child has attended school in the Abbotsford School District in the past OR is coming from another school district OR if there is a sibling who has already been attending school in the school district.

5. You will also need to provide your child's CareCard (if not enrolled in MSP, please provide private medical insurance  documents for field trip purposes)

6. If applicable, please provide a copy of your child's Immunization Record

Only complete packages, with all required documents listed above, including both pieces of proof of residency will be eligible for registration.

Not a Canadian Citizen?

1. If both parents are not a Canadian Citizen (even if your child was born in Canada)jen.romero [at] (subject: Registration-New%20to%20Canada) (set up an appointment with the School Board office) to complete initial registration. Call (604) 859-4891 to make your appointment.

2. If one or both parents are Canadian Citizens (even if your child was born outside of Canada), complete the registration process as noted in #2 above.

Need More Information?

Check out our district site, or if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our school office at 604.852.3900.

File Attachments: